“The programme will work towards developing mentorship and connecting young Pakistani women to academic and professional networks for educational and career advancement”
The Society for International Education, funded by the US Department of State, has opened applications for the selection process of the Sister2Sister Exchange Programme 2021. The website states that the programme “plans to prepare young Pakistani women for future career opportunities in Pakistan or abroad by enabling their participation in US universities”
Interested college and university female students from Pakistan can complete and submit an online application form, which can be downloaded from the official website of the programme.
The Eligibility criteria as per the website are as follows:
- Female only
- Pakistani citizen
- 18- 24 years old on 1st June 2021. (Born between 1st June 1997 to 1st June 2003)
- Minimum 12 years of education
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and committed to returning to their home universities following the completion of the program.
- If you have completed a 2-year Bachelors Programme and are currently enrolled in the 1st year of Masters Program OR if you are in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of 4- year Bachelors Program.
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities
- Have an interest in learning about the United States
- Have a high level of academic achievement in grades, awards and provide reference letters.
- At least 70% overall marks in the previous 3 academic years.
- Proficient in English.
- Students from diverse backgrounds, especially those students who have not previously had opportunities to travel internationally are encouraged to apply.
- Have not been to the United States.
The Program covers:
- Full tuition fees
- Travel cost to and from the United States
- Health insurance
- Accommodation and food
- Visa fees
“The Sister2Sister Exchange Program encourages female students from low to middle-income backgrounds who are currently studying at a Pakistani college or university to apply for the program. The students will have an opportunity to explore additional career pathways by studying medicine, international affairs, gender studies and pharmacy along with STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) topics at top U.S. universities.” The deadline to apply for the programme is January 31, 2021.