In a high-level meeting called by him, the premier impressed upon the attendees the fact that polio eradication is the “top-most priority of the government as it affects the future generation”, a statement released by the Prime Minister’s Office said. According to the handout, Prime Minister Imran also stressed upon the need for a robust partnership between the government’s Ehsas social safety initiative and the anti-polio programme for the synergised implementation of the two vital programmes. A total of 53 cases of polio have been reported across the country this year, compared to 12 in 2018 and eight in 2017. So far, 41 were reported from KP and its tribal districts, five from Punjab, four from Balochistan and three from Sindh. The meeting was attended by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Mahmood Khan; Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan; Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Health Dr Zafar Mirza; Prime Minister’s Focal Person on Polio Eradication Babar Bin Atta; Pakistan Army Engineer-in-Chief Lt Gen Moazzam Ejaz; High Commissioner of Canada to Pakistan Wendy Gilmore; federal health secretary; chief secretaries of Punjab, KP, Sindh and Balochistan; representatives from Unicef, WHO and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; and other senior officials.
The police are investigating the source of money that the suspect, Qasim, received from abroad, Investigation SSP Mohammad Faisal told SAMAA TV. He the suspect used to put up adverts on various websites from 2006 to 2016. However, the police officer clarified that those were not pornographic websites. Faisal said that no other victim has yet contacted the police to record statement in the case. Qasim was arrested along with his wife in Rawalpindi on August 16. They were arrested after an MSc student lodged a complaint against them. “Everyone told me to not take this step,” the complainant had said. “They said people will humiliate you but I don’t want this couple to ruin the lives of more women.”
He said so while addressing a press conference at his camp office located at Frere Hall. Akhtar said Karachiites have rejected the former city mayor and his party. His remarks came in response to a press conference by Kamal, in which he leveled serious corruption allegations against the sitting mayor. Akhtar said the PSP chief was a Grade-4 employee at Karachi Medical & Dental College and worked there as a lab attendant. He said Kamal, despite being a government servant, contested elections in 2002 and became an MPA and later the city mayor, which was a sheer violation of Article 62 and 63 of the Constitution. “Kamal used to be a clerk in Fisheries Department and telephone operator at MQM headquarters Nine Zero back in the ’90s,” he said. “Party founder Altaf Hussain picked a naive man as city nazim.” The mayor said the MQM founder gave Kamal residence and clothes. He said the PSP chief should be asked how he owned two lavish houses and two Land Cruisers. Akhtar termed Kamal a “corrupt man” saying that he was already booked in a NAB reference relating to construction of “illegal” shops on Bagh Ibn-e-Qasim land. “Mustafa Kamal had been involved in China-cutting in the past and threatened government officers in order to make them support his illegal activities,” he alleged. “I have enough evidence against ill-mannered Mustafa Kamal, which I will reveal before the media,” the Karachi mayor said.
Adviser to Prime Minister on Commerce, Textile, Industry & Production and Investment Abdul Razak Dawood told The News in an interview on Tuesday. The interview encompassed trade issues with the US, China and Afghanistan and the government efforts to put Pakistan’s economic trajectory on the right track. If kept in view the monthly trade figures of the month of July, 2019 in which the trade gap has tumbled to $2 billion per month as the export stayed at $1.9 billion whereas the imports remained at $3.9 billion and if this trend continues for the remaining whole current fiscal, then the trade deficit will be hovering at $24 billion by end of June 2020 which will be neutralized by the workers remittances that stand at $21.8 billion in last year 2018-19 against the $19.9 billion recorded in 2017-18 showing the growth of 9.68 percent and incase the same growth kept in view then in the current fiscal, remittance are most likely to increase up to $23 billion. Moreover the exports will also surge this time reasonably because the export industry has been facilitated by the government at the maximum.’ The adviser said: ‘’I am quite optimistic from the trade figures of July that Pakistan will pull itself from the tormenting issue of current account deficit, as so far the current account deficit has been brought down by 32 percent from $19.897 billion in financial year 2017-18 to $13.587 billion in 2018-19 which will be zeroed by end of June 2020.’’
The 53-year-old Colombian man allegedly filmed the videos on a mobile phone hidden in a backpack. Police say he then uploaded at least 283 videos to pornographic websites, racking up millions of views. Many of the 555 victims – some of which were underage – were targeted on the capital’s Metro system.Upon raiding his home, police uncovered a laptop and hard drives with hundreds of videos. His own website had 3,519 subscribers. The suspect has been remanded in custody. In Spain, upskirting is considered sexual abuse and offenders can face jail. The man is accused of upskirting women on a daily basis since last summer when he began uploading content online. He also allegedly operated at supermarkets, sometimes even introducing himself to his targets in an effort to get clearer shots.
A Houthi military spokesman had earlier said that air defenses had brought down a US drone. The officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the drone was shot down late on Tuesday. This is not the first time a US drone has been shot down in Yemen. In June, the US military said that Houthi rebels had shot down a US government-operated drone with assistance from Iran. US forces have occasionally launched drone and air strikes against Yemens al Qaeda branch, known as Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP). The group has taken advantage of a four-year-old war between the Houthi movement and President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadis Saudi-backed government to try to strengthen its position in the impoverished country.
He lashed out hours after Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen said she was “sorry” that Mr Trump had abruptly called off a state visit to Denmark. She has dismissed the suggestion of such a land deal as “absurd”.Speaking to reporters on the White House lawn on Wednesday afternoon, Mr Trump took umbrage at Ms Frederiksen’s remarks. “I thought that the prime minister’s statement that it was absurd, that it was an absurd idea was nasty,” he said. “I thought it was an inappropriate statement. All she had to do is say no, we wouldn’t be interested.” He added: “She’s not talking to me. She’s talking to the United States of America. You don’t talk to the United States that way, at least under me.”
The senior Congress leader addressed reporters at the party office just before the arrest. With Chidambaram returning to his residence immediately after the press briefing, the CBI team reached his Jor Bagh home, entering the house by scaling the compound walls. During the press briefing at the Congress headquarters, Chidambaram said: “In the INX Media case, I have not been accused of any offence nor has anyone else, including any member of my family, accused of any offence. In fact, there is no charge sheet filed by CBI or ED (Enforcement Directorate) in front of any competent authority.” The CBI first information report (FIR) did not include “any wrongdoing”, he added. CBI filed an FIR in May 2017 over alleged irregularities in the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance to INX Media for receiving overseas funds of ₹305 crore in 2007, when Chidambaram was finance minister in UPA-1.
The Australia batsman is the leading run-scorer in the series with 378 and has helped his side to a 1-0 lead. But he is out of the Headingley Test, starting Thursday, because of a concussion sustained after he was hit by a Jofra Archer bouncer during the second Test. “It is a huge hole,” said Root. “You look at the runs he has scored and if you take them out it looks completely different and we could be sat here 2-0 up.” Smith scored 144 and 142 in Australia’s victory at Edgbaston and made 92 at Lord’s after passing initial concussion tests to resume his first innings.
The Frenchman became the third player in a week to be racially abused on social media following a penalty miss. Several of Pogba’s team-mates criticised the abuse, while England women’s manager Phil Neville called for footballers to “boycott” social media. Twitter said it will meet with any stakeholders to show the “proactive work” being done to tackle abuse. It said in a statement: “We have always maintained an open and healthy dialogue with our partners in this space, but we know we need to do more to protect our users. Racist behaviour has no place on our platform and we strongly condemn it. “Over the the next few weeks, Twitter representatives will meet with Manchester United, Kick It Out and any other civil society stakeholders interested in hearing about the proactive work Twitter is doing to address online racist abuse towards certain footballers in the UK.
The new constitution has split the office of the chairman and the chief executive. The managing director of the PCB has now been redesignated as the chief executive.Under the new constitution, the existing board of governors of the PCB will continue for a period until, at least, four members of the BoG are notified from among a pool of seven members (three cricket associations and four independent members).
The new regulations will change the composition of the BoG to include three members who are presidents of the cricket associations (on a rotation basis), two members nominated by the patron, four independent members, including at least one female member, the chief executive of the PCB, and federal secretary of the Ministry of IPC as ex-officio (non-voting) member. Under the system, 16 regional cricket associations will be replaced by six cricket associations: Balochistan Cricket Association, Central Punjab Cricket Association, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Cricket Association, Northern Cricket Association, Sindh Cricket Association and Southern Punjab Cricket Association.
In a press statement issued today, Telenor Pakistan said that the renewal of its licence was delayed by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority and “faces further delays due to unfair demands on pricing and rollout obligations”. The company cautioned that legal and financial hurdles created by the authorities “may significantly distort the competitive landscape” of the telecommunication industry in Pakistan. “Telenor Pakistan has been very keen towards timely renewal of its telecom licence and, in the past two years, tried its utmost towards a fair and transparent outcome,” the statement said. The company emphasised that it had made the offer “to safeguard the interests of its valued customers” and added that it would continue to “pursue its legal case to fully protect its rights available under law”.
YouTube is being pressured to remove ads from China Central Television, a state media channel that’s allegedly spreading misinformation about protesters in Hong Kong. Users on Twitter and Reddit have posted a number of screenshots of the ads, many of which paint the Hong Kong protests as an illegitimate product of foreign influence. The users accuse YouTube and parent company Google of enabling an “infestation of ads”that “tries to sow political discord.” As a result, many supporters of the protests are demanding that Google stop CCTV from running ads on YouTube. “Google, why are you helping China [government] to undermine freedom of [Hong Kong citizens] with your platform,” Chu Ka-cheong, an engineer based in Hong Kong, tweeted.
It comes after reports internet services providers in the country have required people to install a government-issued certificate on all devices and in every browser. The government said the software was a security measure. But Google and Mozilla said it would allow the government to decrypt and read anything a user types or posts. “We will never tolerate any attempt, by any organisation – government or otherwise – to compromise Chrome users’ data,” said Chrome senior engineering director Parisa Tabriz. “We have implemented protections from this specific issue, and will always take action to secure our users around the world.” Mozilla senior director of trust and security Marshall Erwin said: “People around the world trust Firefox to protect them as they navigate the internet, especially when it comes to keeping them safe from attacks like this that undermine their security. “We don’t take actions like this lightly but protecting our users and the integrity of the web is the reason Firefox exists.” Technology website The Hacker News said Apple had also blocked Kazakhstan government certificates from its Safari browser.
Before everyone had assumed that the creator of Bitcoin is Satoshi Nakamoto, however, no one knows what Nakamoto looks like and if it is a real name or an alias.
Not only has Nakatomo created and founded Bitcoin, he/she also has a HUGE reserve of coins believed to be valued at $10 billion. The reveal blogs are very extensive and share information as to how he created bitcoin using blockchain. According to the blog, he had 980,000 Bitcoins which as of right now are worth 10,037,062,000.00 USD. If he still had all of the coins, it would have made him the richest Paksitani in the world. He claims to have regretted giving up on the cryptocurrency.
Ayesha Khurram who is entering her second year in the accounting and financial management program at the University of Waterloo took to Instagram to share her financial struggles. Ayesha created a PayPal account following a friend’s suggestion to help raise funds. A few hours after her PayPal account was created, Ayesha received an email notifying her that singer-songwriter Taylor Swift had sent her $6,386.47 to pay for her tuition. The message said, “Ayesha, get your learn on girl! I love you! Taylor.” According to CBC News, Ayesha said, “When I posted, I was just like venting. It’s hard to pay off tuition. It’s really expensive. “My parents actually cried when I told them the Taylor news because they couldn’t believe it. “It’s like a guardian angel is watching or something.
Mark Geragos – the lawyer of American football player Colin Kaepernick – told ABC News that the deal “crosses the intellectual picket line”. Last week, the NFL announced that Jay-Z and his label Roc Nation had teamed up with the league for entertainment events and to promote social activism. Kaepernick’s been in a long dispute with the NFL and doesn’t have a team. The league will work with Roc Nation on its entertainment performances such as the Super Bowl half-time show – but also to “strengthen community through football and music” and the NFL’s Inspire Change initiative. Inspire Change was created after discussions with players who protested the national anthem – a movement sparked by Colin Kaepernick. Jay-Z says “this partnership is an opportunity to strengthen the fabric of communities across America. We’ve moved past kneeling and I think it’s time to go into actionable items” and that this partnership can “inspire” and “educate”.
Brooks sued Depp accusing him of punching him on the set of the upcoming film “City of Lies.” Gregg Brooks, who was a location manager, claimed he was trying to enforce permit restrictions on the set on April 13, 2017. They were filming the film about the deaths of Tupac and Biggie Smalls in Downtown Los Angeles. The location manager claimed they had a permit to shoot until 7:00 PM outside and 10:00 PM inside, and Brooks was able to get the permit extended multiple times to accommodate the actor who wanted to direct a longer version of a scene but could not get any more extension. He then told the director the shooting would have to halt production, and the director allegedly told Brooks “Why don’t you tell that to Johnny Depp?” Brooks went to get an on-set police officer to help him tell Depp, but before he could Depp approached him yelling, “Who the f— are you? You have no right to tell me what to do!” He tried to explain the situation but then Depp allegedly punched him twice in the lower side of his rib cage. Depp is accused of yelling, “I will give you $100,000 to punch me in the face right now!” Brooks claimed Depp’s breath smelled of alcohol and said the actor’s bodyguards had to intervene to stop the situation. He was fired from the film three days later when he refused to sign a release over the incident. Depp fired back at the lawsuit demanding it be tossed out of court. The actor denies all allegations of wrongdoing in the lawsuit and says his alleged actions were done in self-defense.