“We have decided to take the Kashmir case to the International Court of Justice,” Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi told ARY News TV. Separately, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Information Firdous Ashiq Awan confirmed to reporters following a cabinet meeting that an in-principle approval had been granted by the cabinet to take the issue to the world court. She said that the case will be presented with a focus on the violation of human rights and genocide in occupied Kashmir. A panel of lawyers of international repute would be engaged to pursue the case on behalf of Pakistan at the United Nations’ top court, Awan added. A decision by the court would be an advisory only. However, if both countries agreed before-hand, the ruling would become binding.
According to a tweet by the ISPR chief, firing by Indian troops had killed three civilians, including a seven-year-old boy. “Pakistan Army targeted Indian posts. 6 Indian soldiers including an officer killed, many injured,” the tweet said.Two bunkers of the Indian army were also destroyed in firing by Pakistani troops. Seven-year-old Mohammad Saddam, who was hit by an Indian sniper from across the restive LoC on Sunday night, had succumbed to his wounds early on Monday. Also on Sunday, in Hot Spring and Chirikot sectors, two elderly civilians Lal Mohammad, 75, and Hassan Din, 61, were killed in Indian firing.
According to details, the judge presiding over the case inquired those allegedly involved in carrying out the heinous crime that what and who gave them the authority to beat a child so severely that it resulted in his death, “what made you take the law into your hands.”One of the accused, namely Daniyal replied that they had beaten the teenager “lightly.”
“The kid along with two more individuals broken into a house with the intention to steal, we caught him while his accomplices escaped,” claimed the accused. The court rebutted that the claims of beating the child lightly were ridiculous as the beat down resulted in his unfortunate demise. The state prosecutor informed the court that the crime comes under the charges of cybercrime and terrorism and those accused will be tried on them. The prosecutor continued that further investigation from those accused was required to determine others involved and the weapon used to kill the child.The court agreed to the extension in the physical remands of the accused in the murder, namely, Daniyal, Yousuf, Zubair, Anas, Shariq and Masood.
The decision by the governments of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Punjab to grant executive allowances has put the federal government of the PTI at a disadvantageous position. The provincial governments went ahead with their plans to dole out billions of rupees among civil servants despite the displeasure publicly expressed by PM Khan. Adviser to Prime Minister on Institutional Reforms Dr Ishrat Husain has proposed giving the executive allowance, according to sources in the Ministry of Finance.
Last month inmates set fire to parts of Kondengui maximum security prison in the capital, Yaoundé, and some even live-streamed on Facebook the initial protest from their mobile phones. Many people accused of being separatist rebels from the Anglophone regions are held in that facility, and in video footage from the 22 July protest prisoners were heard chanting pro-independence slogans as well as decrying their treatment and conditions. HRW reports that among the group sent to State Defense Secretariat the next day, where the alleged torture began, were suspected separatists as well as suppporters of the opposition CRM party.
We continue to be very concerned by reports of detentions, and continued restrictions on the residents of the region,” a senior State Department official told reporters. “We urge respect for individual rights, compliance with legal procedures and an inclusive dialogue,” said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity after returning from a visit to the region.At least 4,000 people have been detained in Indian-occupied Kashmir since then. “We are aware of India’s concerns but continue to urge that they work as quickly as possible to restore normalcy in the region,” she said.
The study, published yesterday in the journal Radiology, concluded that vaping temporarily impacts blood vessel function in healthy people. Using MRI scans, it found, for example, changes in blood flow within the femoral artery in the leg after just one use. The researchers couldn’t determine which chemical might be responsible for the changes they observed.”After a few minutes, everything normalizes. One could say, big deal, nothing happens,” said study author Felix W. Wehrli, professor of radiologic science and biophysics at the University of Pennsylvania’s Perelman School of Medicine. “But if someone vapes regularly,” Wehrli continued, there’s a possibility that, over time, things might not go back to normal as readily. The changes his team measured in 31 people, who had never vaped or smoked, reflect “the same processes … known to be initiating steps in the development of cardiovascular disease,” including atherosclerosis. But that takes years to develop, he added.
One of the jokes on a bottle of Skol asked, “when can a woman make you a millionaire” with the answer “when you are a billionaire”. Skol launched the beer labels with the jokes printed on them on Friday but on Monday promised to stop using them. Rwanda is ranked fifth in the world for gender equality, according to the World Economic Forum’s 2016 report. Another joke, in French, said ” how does a beauty queen try and kill a fish? By putting its head in water.” Emilienne Benurugo, the brand manager for Skol Lager was quoted in Rwandan Newspaper New Times as saying at the launch of the labels that the company aimed to help customers to not take life too seriously. But a backlash at the jokes ensued on Twitter. Economist Chantal Umuhoza tweeted “Not in this country!” while another tweeter, Nsanga Sylvie, who describes herself as loving technology, declared that she was going to boycott Skol.
Coach Justin Langer confirmed his absence after Smith sat out Australia’s training session on Tuesday. Smith has scored 142, 144 and 92 in his three innings so far in the series. It has not been confirmed who will replace Smith in the Australia team for the third Test at Headingley, which starts on Thursday. Former captain Smith was replaced by Marnus Labuschagne in the second Test at Lord’s, with Labuschagne becoming Test cricket’s first concussion substitute. He made 59 as Australia survived a tense final evening to claim a draw and preserve their 1-0 series lead with three matches to play. Brain injury charity Headway said it was “incredibly dangerous” for Smith to resume his innings. “You need to take an ‘if in doubt’ approach,” said Headway deputy chief executive Luke Griggs.
“We have to take drastic measures now as a football community. I’ve had it with my players on social media, the Premier League and the Championship have had it,” said Neville. “I just wonder whether as a football community we come off social media, because Twitter won’t do anything about it, Instagram won’t do anything about it – they send you an email reply saying they’ll investigate but nothing happens. “I’ve lost total faith in whoever runs these social media departments, so let’s send a powerful message: come off social media (for) six months. Let’s see the effect it has on these social media companies.”
Ex-midfielder Gareth Farrelly said MacDonald was “relentlessly negative” to him as a youth coach in the 1990s. “Aston Villa wishes to apologise to all former players who were affected by behaviour which would not be tolerated by the club today,” a statement said. MacDonald, 58, a Double winner with Liverpool as a player in 1986, had twice been caretaker manager at Villa, including last season after Steve Bruce was sacked. He was also Villa’s assistant manager under Tim Sherwood and most recently the under-23s manager. He had a brief spell as manager at Swindon Town in 2013. Former Aston Villa academy graduate and Republic of Ireland international Farrelly, now a qualified solicitor, told the Guardian last year MacDonald was “incredibly aggressive, with constant verbal and physical bullying”.
With PTA formally taking up the issue, the pressure is now on the social media giant to restore the accounts as early as possible. Twitter has long been known for its freedom of speech but the banning of these social media accounts is directly against their terms of service. The regulator has put that into account while formally taking up the issue with the Twitter Team.
Given below is the Press Release
With reference to recent reports of suspension of number of Twitter handles of Pakistani users for allegedly posting views in support of Kashmiri people and against atrocities by Indian forces in Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJ&K), Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has raised its concerns with Twitter administration. Prima facie, this action is in violation of the policy and community standards of Twitter, and an attempt to stifle freedom of expression. Any Pakistani social media user suspended by Twitter on this pretext may contact PTA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The New York Times notes that most of the articles in the News Tab will be generated algorithmically, the top stories each day will come from this team of under 10 veteran journalists. The News Tab will be separate from Facebook’s main feed. Not only will Facebook hire full-time employees rather than relying on contractors, but it also said it’s willing to pay select publishers millions in order to feature their stories. Facebook’s decision to hire a team of full-time journalists reportedly came out of discussions it had with publishers, according to Digiday. The new tab will sit outside of the News Feed, the main column of user-generated content within Facebook.
The tech firm has not made an app of its own but has published algorithms which it hopes developers will use to make their own apps. Until now, this type of software has only worked on PCs. Campaigners from the hearing-impaired community have welcomed the move, but say the tech might struggle to fully grasp some conversations. In an AI blog, Google research engineers Valentin Bazarevsky and Fan Zhang said the intention of the freely published technology was to serve as “the basis for sign language understanding”. It was created in partnership with image software company MediaPipe. “We’re excited to see what people come up with. For our part, we will continue our research to make the technology more robust and to stabilise tracking, increasing the number of gestures we can reliably detect,” a spokeswoman for Google told the BBC.
The movie, which will see Daniel Craig play 007 for the fifth and final time, will also star Oscar-winning actor Rami Malek as “a mysterious villain”. Fleabag creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge is one of the writers. Ralph Fiennes and Ben Whishaw will return as M and Q respectively.Naomie Harris is coming back as Moneypenny and Rory Kinnear will again play MI6 chief of staff Bill Tanner. Lea Seydoux is reprising her Madeleine Swann character from 2015’s Spectre, while Jeffrey Wright is returning as ex-CIA agent Felix Leiter. The film is being directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, whose credits include the first series of HBO’s True Detective and Netflix’s Maniac. Fukunaga came on board last year after Danny Boyle left the project over unspecified “creative differences”. No Time To Die will be released on 3 April in the UK and on the 8 April in the US.
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has pulled out of producing future Spider-Man movies, due to disputes between Sony — which still holds the rights to the character — and Marvel’s parent company Disney over revenue sharing from films starring the web-slinging hero, according to a report from Deadline. The news means that Spider-Man’s appearances in Disney’s Marvel Cinematic Universe films — as well as crossovers from characters like Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man or Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury in future Spider-Man films — could end with Spider-Man: Far From Home, released earlier this summer.According to Deadline’s sources, the issue is money: Disney reportedly asked that future Spider-Man films be 50 / 50 coproductions between Disney and Sony, instead of the current deal, which is said to give Marvel (and Disney) 5 percent of gross box-office revenue.
Yeah we’d expect you to be. If a certain wedding card that’s doing the rounds on the internet is to be believed, Hamza — who has just recently returned from Hajj — and Naimal are getting married on August 25th (in just three days from now!!) and will have their valima on August 26th.Naimal is these days seen on TV as Izza in the highly popular drama serial Anaa while Hamza of course is all set to make a comeback as a TV actor with Alif. Hamza and Naimal have been spotted together at various occasions before, most notably when Hamza showed up at Naimal’s art exhibition just recently.