Some of the officials who were interrogated were posted at Pakistan’s missions abroad. The sources said those questioned by the bureau included Naeem Cheema, Iftikhar Aziz, Sahibzada Ahmed Khan, Salman Sharif, Sardar Adnan Rasheed, Waseem Shehzad and Shujaat Rathore. They said the anti-corruption watchdog might summon former foreign secretary Azaz Chaudhry in connection with investigation into the case. Previously, a NAB team had recorded the statement of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif in the case inside jail. According to NAB, 34 bulletproof vehicles were procured from Germany for the guest of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) conference. The vehicles were bought without paying import duty, it added. However, the corruption watchdog said 20 vehicles remained in the personal use of Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz.
The premier started his address by saying that he wanted to share with the public the government’s policy and stance in view of the existing situation in occupied Kashmir, whose special autonomy was revoked by the Indian government earlier this month. He said the time had come for Pakistan’s Kashmir policy to take a “decisive” turn.Prime Minister Imran said Modi had made a “historic blunder” by revoking occupied Kashmir’s special autonomy due to his arrogance, and in doing so “he has opened the way to Kashmir’s freedom”. “We received information that they were planning a false-flag operation in Azad Kashmir like what they did in Balakot, to divert attention from occupied Kashmir. “We won on the [diplomatic] front; we internationalised the Kashmir issue, talked to heads of states, their embassies [and] the UN Security Council called a session on Kashmir for the first time since 1965. We also kept raising this for the international media to report and they picked this up.” He said the government’s campaign would continue until Kashmir has attained freedom, and sought the media’s support in this regard.
In support of his argument, Justice Isa has contended that the SJC “expressed bias” against him in its verdict on Reference 427 (a second petition) and has therefore lost its credibility to give him a fair hearing.The SJC had, last Monday, dismissed a misconduct reference against Justice Isa filed by a petitioner who had accused the justice of acting inappropriately by writing to the president and leaking those letters to the media.
The SJC in its decision had noted that though Justice Isa had admitted the writing of three letters to the president, there was nothing to show he had also leaked them to the media.Further, “The purpose or the contents of such letters might appear to some to be oblique or objectionable, but such letters were merely private letters not shown to be meant or intended to be read by anybody other than the addressee and those to whom they had been copied,” the verdict had read. However, in the same verdict, Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Asif Saeed Khosa had contradicted a key position taken by Justice Isa in the said letters regarding his ignorance of the petition filed against him. Justice Khosa stated that he had personally provided Justice Isa an opportunity to read the reference before the latter wrote to the president.
Inspector General (IG) of Islamabad Police Mohammad Amir Zulfiqar Khan had taken notice of the incident and directed Superintendent of Police (SP) City Zone to register a case against the suspects and make immediate arrests. The IG also had the constable removed from his post. Further investigations are underway. Later in the day, the top cop constituted an investigation team. SP City Zone Amir Khan Niazi will head the five-member team.According to the FIR, the complainant saw some individuals come to his house one evening and ask his son to step out. He said this worried him, and when he stepped outside, his son, who seemed disturbed, told him that some people “who used to undress another boy and make videos of him”, were now pressuring him. The victim added that the suspects had threatened to make a video of him “go viral”. The Islamabad police spokesperson said five similar video incidents were subsequently found to be related to the suspected constable. One video was also recovered from the suspect’s phone, on the basis of which the case was registered.
The Rwanda government, however, told the BBC that the allegations made by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) are baseless. Rwandan Mubarak Kalisa told ABC he thought he was far from danger when he moved to Brisbane after attempts on his life in South Africa. Mr Kalisa alleged that in South Africa he had been contacted by Rwandan embassy officials who wanted to enlist him to kill his friend, and when he relocated to Australia he received death threats. “We’re after you… you will find yourself lying in a pool of your own blood. If we don’t find you, we’ll find your wife or your kids,” read one of the threats he says he was sent by text. Police in Australia have warned him to be vigilant whenever he is driving and feels followed, Mr Kalisa said. “These are lies,” Olivier Nduhungirehe of Rwanda’s foreign affairs ministry told the BBC. “We don’t have time to comment on everything reported in the media.”
It comes after Iran’s foreign minister made a brief and unannounced visit to the G7 summit in France on Sunday. Relations between Iran and the US have deteriorated since Washington withdrew last year from a 2015 deal to limit Iran’s nuclear activities. However, on Monday, Mr Trump said he had “good feelings” about the prospect of a new nuclear deal with Iran. “Iran is not the same country it was two and a half years ago when I came into office,” he told reporters at a joint G7 press conference with French leader Emmanuel Macron. “I really believe that Iran can be a great nation… but they can’t have nuclear weapons,” he said, adding that they had to be “good players” before he would agree to a meeting.
French President Emmanuel Macron said G7 countries would release $22m (£18m). However, President Jair Bolsonaro said Mr Macron’s plan of an “alliance” to “save” the Amazon treated Brazil “as if we were a colony or no man’s land”. A record number of fires is burning in Brazil, mostly in the Amazon, according to the country’s space research agency. The funding pledge was announced as the leaders of the G7 – Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK and the US – continue to meet in Biarritz, France. Mr Macron said the funds would be made available “immediately” – primarily to pay for more fire-fighting planes – and that France would also “offer concrete support with military in the region within the next few hours”. However, Mr Bolsonaro – who has been engaged in a public row with Mr Macron in recent weeks – accused the French leader of launching “unreasonable and gratuitous attacks against the Amazon region”, and “hiding his intentions behind the idea of an ‘alliance’ of G7 countries”.
Under the South Asian country’s Muslim marriage laws, a bride has to select one of three options on the certificate — whether she is a Kumari (virgin), a widow or divorced. In a brief verdict on Sunday, the court ordered the government to remove the term and replace it with “unmarried”, deputy attorney general Amit Talukder told AFP. The court is expected to publish its full verdict by October, with the changes to the certificate expected to come into effect then. “It is a landmark verdict,” Aynun Nahar Siddiqua, a lawyer for the groups which filed the case challenging the term in 2014, told AFP on Monday. Rights groups have long criticised the term — used in certificates since they were introduced in 1961 — saying it is “humiliating and discriminatory”, and that it breaches the privacy of the woman getting married.
Irfan Ahmed, who was banned from all cricket for two-and-a-half years in April 2016 after admitting breaches of the code, was found guilty on nine charges, Irfan’s older brother Nadeem Ahmed on three. The pair was banned for life. Teammate Haseeb Amjad received a five-year ban. The ICC Anti-Corruption Tribunal “heard evidence that all three players fixed or contrived to fix matches, failed, for reward, to perform and failed to disclose approaches to fix during a number of international fixtures across a two-year period”. Alex Marshall, General Manager of the ICC Anti-Corruption Unit, added: “This has been a long and complex investigation which has uncovered systematic attempts to influence moments in matches by experienced international cricketers over a period of time. Their conduct was premeditated and sophisticated and each of the Ahmed brothers sought to corrupt others. “The main offences relate to the Hong Kong matches against Scotland and Canada where the players fixed specific overs.
Playing on the Challenger Tour for the first time in 14 years, Murray needed only 43 minutes to win his first-round match at the Rafa Nadal Open. The 32-year-old outclassed Sibille, an alternate entry 15 years his junior and making his professional debut. Moving freely, Murray won five of his seven break-point chances. Three-time Grand Slam champion Murray won the doubles title at Queen’s Club in June, but in the past fortnight lost 6-4 6-4 to Richard Gasquet in his first singles match for seven months in Cincinnati and 7-6 7-5 to Tennys Sandgren in the Winston-Salem Open. However, he lost only three points in the first set against 17-year-old Sibille, a trainee at the Rafa Nadal Academy in Mallorca, sealing his first break with an emphatic smash.
Campbell, 31, can win Lomachenko’s WBA and WBO world lightweight titles on Saturday and claim the vacant WBC belt. But Lomachenko, 31, is a 1-14 favourite and boasts a stellar reputation. “Lomachenko is not unbeatable and we have the attributes to be able to take away some of his qualities,” McGuigan told 5 Live Boxing. “I expect one of the best technical fights in the UK ever. Two Olympic gold medallists, two skilled fighters, full of power, speed and I expect one of the biggest upsets in British boxing history.”Lomachenko, who took Olympic gold in 2008 and, like Campbell, at London 2012, has never boxed as a professional in the UK going into Saturday’s O2 Arena bout in London. He has gone on to win world titles at featherweight, super-featherweight and lightweight at record pace but acknowledges that at 5ft 7in, he will face a stiff challenge with a size and reach disadvantage given Campbell’s 5ft 9in frame.
They sought their help to remove these wires from the poles as these encroachments damage infrastructure and are a major public safety hazard. Often these wires are jumbled up with live electricity cables and in case of an outage when the live wires have to be repaired, these additional cables create additional hurdles in the repairing process. This briefing comes after a great number of people died due to electrocution due to rains in the city. Due to the fact that these wires are energized and the poles often have booster devices, they can compromise public safety. Due to this reason, it was emphasized that they must be removed with immediate effect. The briefing was attended by officials of Karachi Municipal Corporation (KMC), district government and other stakeholders.
The service is provided in only two cities in the world, San Francisco and Phoenix. Passengers complained about weird drop-offs, circuitous routes, and shaky driving. Others praised the service for navigating tricky traffic situations. (The Information also published a more complete breakdown of the data it reviewed here.) A majority of trips take place with human safety drivers behind the wheel who typically keep their hands in their laps as the vehicle drives itself. Waymo has offered some passengers rides in fully driverless vehicles, with no safety driver but in limited geographic areas.
“We explained to the union in great detail what YouTube is doing in terms of transparency and support for YouTubers,” a YouTube spokesperson said in an emailed statement. “But we have also made clear that we are not going to negotiate their demands.” Even so, YouTube has taken steps to appease the union after it joined with IG Metall, a German metalworkers union that is the largest industrial union in Europe, earlier this month. According to a Facebook post from Jörg Sprave, the founder of the YouTubers Union, Google Germany offered to meet with the union to “discuss some fundamental questions about the future of work,” which the union accepted.The YouTubers Union’s main demands are related to making the service more democratic for smaller creators. It’s calling for monetization for smaller channels; the right to speak with a real person if a channel is to be deleted; transparent moderation decisions; ending demonetization; the end of Google Preferred, a different system for delivering ad money to creators; and the rules around content moderation to be clarified.
The 38-year-old reality star is interviewed by her husband, Kanye West, in the new cover story for Vogue Arabia. The shoot, which is art directed by Kim’s pal, designer Manfred Thierry Mugler, features the stunning mother of four posing next to columns out in the desert. Though the looks are very structured, Kim is an open book while talking with her rapper husband. “I try to be a good person and to take my mistakes and make them into a better experience — to learn and grow from them and move on,” she says of her shortcomings. “I try to be a good person and to take my mistakes and make them into a better experience — to learn and grow from them and move on,” she says of her shortcomings.
The crowd chanted her name during her set at Manchester Pride on Sunday. Armed police patrolled outside the event, which came two years after a suicide bomber killed 22 people after her concert at Manchester Arena. “Manchester holds a very special place in my heart,” the superstar said. She told the crowd: “I’m so happy to be with you, so thank you for having me. Sorry, I’m so nervous. I had so much more to say but I’m really very overwhelmed. So thank you.” The US singer began her 35-minute, nine-song set with No Tears Left To Cry, the first song she released after the bombing, and the night was at times emotional for both the singer and her fans.Grande played a shortened version of the set from her current world tour. But unlike at other recent shows, she did play her 2014 single One Last Time, which took on extra meaning as an anthem after the arena attack. The star has previously said she experienced post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after the bombing, and Sunday’s gig was not back at the arena. It was at a new outdoor venue next to a disused train depot in the city centre.
Mr Weinstein, who briefly appeared in a New York court, has already pleaded not guilty to raping a woman in 2013 and a forcible sex act on another in 2006. Prosecutors filed the new indictment on Monday to allow jurors to hear testimony from a third accuser, actress Annabella Sciorra. Mr Weinstein, 67, has denied sexual misconduct claims by over 70 women. Ms Sciorra, who is known for her role in the HBO series The Sopranos, says Mr Weinstein raped her inside her Manhattan apartment in 1993. She is not listed as a plaintiff in the new case because the alleged assault took place too long ago to be prosecuted under state law. However, prosecutors hope to use her testimony to bolster their case that Weinstein is a sexual predator. The defence said in court documents that the legal move to introduce Ms Sciorra as a witness was a “desperate” bid to prop up a “weak” case.