The National Stadium in Karachi had been set to host five matches, on March 12, 13, 14, 15 and 17. The matches from Friday and onwards will be played behind behind closed doors, he said.
The Pakistan Cricket Board in a press release in -line with the Sindh government’s decision of holding matches behind closed doors saying that: “The decision will be enforced from Friday, 13 March, while for the Thursday, 12 March, fixture, the PCB and the Sindh Government have strongly advised the spectators to continue to take all necessary precautionary measures .” PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan said:
“Health and safety is paramount and takes precedence over cricket. The PCB takes the health and safety of its players, spectators, officials, media, service providers and security personnel very seriously.”
Also read: Here’s how to prepare for coronavirus