1. Asad Qaiser began his political career at a very young age; while he was just a student. Qaiser was elected as the Nazim of Kotha College in 1984 and it was a post he took responsibility of for two years. After his bachelor’s degree, at a tender age, he was elected as the regional president of Pasban, an independent organization working for human rights.
2. Qaiser comes from a big family and is the eldest amongst 6 siblings, two sisters and four brothers. Qaiser also has two sons and daughters of his own.
3. Qaiser started politically by serving at several openings within the district and regional level. However, it was in 1996 that he joined PTI right after it was formed. For this reason, Qaiser is considered one of the founding members of Imran Khan’s party. Up until 2013, Qaiser was able to sustain his position as the president of the political party and was also elected in the National and KPK assembly seats.
4. After winning the elections in 2013, Qaiser was victorious yet again in the General Elections of 2018. He was elected unobstructed as the 14th orator of the Assembly in KPK. He also won his seat in the National Assembly after successfully scoring more than 170,000 seats against Fazali Ali.
5. In a more personal capacity, Asad Qaiser runs a chain of private schools in Swabi. These campuses are allegedly his main source of income and are also stretched across the province with several functioning branches.
The Pakistani population is desperately rooting for this new change in the country to be prevalent soon. With the PTI government forming a strong majority, let us all hope that this proves to be better for the country’s future. And that more cases of equitable representation from all provinces follow suit.