With everything else that’s going on in the news, we’d thought we would make this easier for you but listing everything you need to know about what is going on;
2.This ring spans 3 major cities, with raids being conducted in Lahore, China and Rawalpindi.
3. 4 girls have also been also been recovered and reunited with their families.
5. The alleged tricked Pakistani families by proposing marriage to the girls, who were then sent to rural areas in China. The families were given large sums of money, giving the impression of a well-to-do Chinese family.
6. All of the girls were from low-income families, while most belonged to the Christian community. The alleged traffickers would scout and approach some of these girls outside churches.
8. The estimate number of girls that have been trafficked is not exactly known, but officials and activists are saying it could be as high as 90!
9. Local marriage bureaus have been apparently been involved, leading to 3 arrested of locals.
10. The Chinese government is one on who actually brought this attention to light, when a few weeks ago they had shown serious concerns with Pakistan over marriages of some Chinese nationals with Pakistani girls and pointed out involvement of some marriage bureaus, operating in Pakistan, in this illegal matchmaking business. It was after this that our government took action.